Alphatrad Translation Agency in London

Our translation agency based in the heart of the city of  London,  provides the UK and beyond, with an array of business services.

We have a team of professional translators waiting to attend to your project needs.

London; a multilingual, multicultural and vibrant city. With so much diversity, language services are constantly in demand and we're here to help! Our translators are entirely immersed in the hustle and bustle of the city and are practiced in the art of translating your all important documents - from contracts and guidelines, to websites, transcriptions and beyond!

 

We offer:

 

If you need an English to German translation, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese or in any other language, Alphatrad UK situated in London offers it’s proven, high quality services in over 100 languages and dialects.

Contact our professionals by email at london@alphatrad.co.uk where you can request, a free, no obligation quotation. You’ll be surprised at the speed and professionalism of our service! You can also visit our FAQs Page for more assistance.

 

Language Diversity in London

It is statistically proven that London has the highest density of foreign speakers compared to the rest of England and Wales. Figures show (from the office of National Statistics), that The London Borough of Newham had the lowest proportion of English language speakers at only 58.6% of the population with English as their main language.

Overall, 92.3% of the population or  49.8 million of us report English (or Welsh in Wales) as our first language. The remaining 7.7% of the population or  4.2 million have a main language other than English.

Polish actually came out with the highest number of speakers in England after English  at  546.000 or 1% of the population, with Panjabi, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Arabic, French, Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish in descending order.

London as well as being ethnically diverse also has the highest proportion of people affiliated with a religion other thank Christianity. London reported a lower number of people with English as their main language 77.9% around 6 million people, along with the highest number of residence born outside of the UK.

 

Principle language by municipality:

The most ethnically diverse and the highest amount of the population in London reporting something other than English as their main languages were: The London Borough of Newham  (58.6%), Brent (62.8%), Tower Hamlets (65.8%), Ealing (66.1%) and Westminster (69.2%).

Kensington and Chelsea found a higher concentration of European speakers including French (4.9%), Spanish (2.7%) and Italian (2.4%). Tower Hamlets had the highest volume of  Bengali speakers (with Sylheti and Chatgaya) at 18%.

 

Proficiency in English:

Of the people that reported something other than English as  their main language, they were asked how well they spoke English. Whilst  7.7% of the population (4.2 million) of England and Wales  had a different main language other than English (or Welsh in Wales), only  1.3% (726.000) of the population stated that they couldn’t speak English well and 0.3% (138.000) indicated that they could not speak any English.

The London boroughs have the highest populaces of people that cannot speak English well or at all. Newham has  the highest proportion of those who cannot speak well or at all (8.7%). Brent and Tower Hamlets closely follow, each with 8.0%.

In accordance with © Crown copyright 2013 | Office for National Statistics.