Product and service marketing has been turned upside down with the arrival of the Internet and new technologies.
It is for this reason that e-commerce is positioned as a powerful business tool, which can be used through traditional devices such as desktop computers and or through mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones (this has become known as mobile commerce).
For consumers, the two types of devices have different roles to play. Mobile devices are used to search and compare products, whereas desktop devices continue to dominate the actual purchasing.
Nonetheless, businesses that decide to develop e-commerce pages must take into account a series of factors, associated with both desktop and mobile devices, to ensure that the result is as professional as possible and, above all, allows browsing so that users are aware of the site quality and do not turn to rival sites.
For this it is essential for the e-commerce pages to include a professional product catalogue, in which products are presented in a specific order, with all necessary explanations and pertinent remarks. The price must also be indicated and, when possible, converted into other currencies.
It is also important for the translated pages of an e-commerce site to make the buying process as simple and user friendly as possible, to encourage brand loyalty, and create a bond with consumers over the long term.
Finally, it is essential for the translated version of the e-commerce site to offer payment methods adapted to the targeted audience – not only in the relevant currency but also via convenient online payment gateways adapted to the country.
Examples of e-commerce CMS
- Joomla – Virtuemart
- Zen Cart
- Drupal Commerce
- Wordpress – Woocommerce
Examples of translated contents of online stores
- Product catalogues and files
- Images, videos, and other multimedia material
- Payment modules and gateways
- Shipping methods and tables of rates
- PDFs and presentations
- Graphs and tables
- Blog posts
Contact our professionals by email where you can request, a free, no obligation quotation.
You’ll be surprised at the speed and professionalism of our service! You can also visit our FAQs Page for more assistance.
- Online Marketing Translations (SEO, AdWords, Social Media)
- Can technology advances in automated translation every replace a human?
- Translating Languages in the Internet Era (Infographic)
- The translation of web pages. A worthwhile service?
- 5 Free Apps for International Business People or Travellers
- Multilingual websites, translate website | Alphatrad London
- Software translations and localisation
- Multilingual search engine optimisation – the foundation for international success