3,500 experienced translators and 80 subsidiaries across Europe
With over 40 years of experience in translation, and more than 80 branches and subsidiaries across Europe, Optilingua International is positioned as one of the international leaders in translation and linguistic services. In addition to its many agencies, the group works with more than 3,500 translators and professionals worldwide.
An export-orientated corporate culture
Whatever your sector and your requirements in terms of translation or linguistic services, we make every effort to meet your needs and to provide you with quality services.
We find a professional (translator, editor, interpreter, graphic designer, proofreader, etc.) who is able to support you with your project, regardless of the source and the target languages. We work with over a hundred different languages, some common and some quite rare, including Chinese, Russian, Vietnamese, Italian, Korean, Arabic, German, Turkish, Persian, Spanish, Icelandic, Polish, etc.
The professionalism of Alphatrad UK is built on the strengths developed over many years of experience such as:
- An international culture and a presence in many countries
- The level of expertise of its translators and professionals
- The responsiveness of the Group, thanks to the extent of its network and various internal organisational tools
- The search for the best expert available using the Alphasearch software package
- Quick identification of the need to provide a solution within a very short period of time
- An internal process equipped with quality certification: tracking, translation, validation and traceability
- Extended services: all types of translation in more than 100 languages for any industry as well as various language services for all your written, audio, and video formats
Meeting your translation and language service needs is the objective of all of Optilingua International's teams, which are present throughout the world.
Located in the cities where export activities are most intense, Optilingua's translation and language services agencies provide you with consultants who can direct your request to the professional best suited to satisfy it.
This professionalism is based on a large number of strengths developed over 40 years of experience:
- professional translators: selected for their rigour and skills and ability to meet Optilingua's requirements.
- experience: knowing how to get the best out of people through an in-house and international organisation, with effective communication between agencies.
- technical co-operation: each professional is trained in Optilingua's working methods and the use of a high-performance intranet.
- adaptability: we take into account the specifications and the deadline, facilitate the placing of orders to create a relationship of trust with the client.
- expertise: Optilingua, thanks to the co-operation between its agencies, guarantees its clients that they will find a native translator within a very short timescale, even when it involves a “rare” language.
Our quality approach
At our international translation company, we have implemented a quality approach for all of our in-house processes. Our translation and language service agencies provide you with skilled professional translators, allowing you to address an international audience. As experts in the type of translation or language service requested, they put all their know-how at your disposal to ensure the quality, precision, and faithfulness of their work.
Quality at the service of a demanding clientele
Our quality approach in the field of translations and language services is based in particular on:
- the quality of the services: you are entitled to a trained professional to undertake the work requested. This quality approach is made possible thanks to the Alphasearch software package, which has been developed in-house, as well as the highly skilled professionals, who are experts in their field. All of our translators translate into their mother tongue, and are specialised in the requested sector (medical, scientific, commercial, legal, etc.), or the type of service (multilingual DTP, professional voice-over, interpretation, etc.).
- meeting the set deadline: you can request a quote using our on-line form. Depending on the requirements of the order, which we will establish together, Alphatrad is able to offer you a free quote within 24 hours. The service is then provided in accordance with the requested deadlines.
- the follow-up of each client: project after project, we strive to improve our knowledge of the specificities of your business, your request and your needs, to be able to meet your requirements as closely as possible.
Our translation methodology
Before submitting your translation project to us, do you want to know more about our methodology?
Of course you do!
At our international translation company, we are aware that your documents are of the highest importance and deserve all the care we can give them, to ensure a translation service of the highest quality.
Our methodology process
A project manager deals with your request. This person will be responsible for your project throughout, and will be your contact for any questions you may have. During this first stage, your project manager will determine with you a whole set of requirements and objectives to be fulfilled on delivery: source language(s), target language(s), document type, format, area of expertise, terminology management, delivery date, etc.
We have currently nearly 3500 freelance translators, proofreaders, transcriptors, and voice-over artists in our network, based in the four corners of the world.
We have developed a rigorous selection method, based on demanding criteria. We can therefore choose the most appropriate provider for your project.
We pay particular attention to the choice of terminology used when we translate your projects:
- If you have a multilingual glossary of specialist terms, we will comply strictly with it.
- If you have multilingual reference documentation, we can extract the specialist terminology to create a glossary, which will then be used as the basis for all your translations.
Computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
By putting the glossaries into translation memories, our translation tools enable us to ensure terminological consistency across all the translations made for each of our clients, whichever translator is working for a specific client.
They place their trust in us:
- ALCATEL CGA TRANSPORT
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- AUTOROUTES DU SUD DE LA FRANCE (ASF)
- AXA ASSURANCES
- BUREAU VERITAS
- CAP GEMINI
- CONTINENTAL PHARMACEUTIQUE
- ERNST & YOUNG
- EUROP ASSISTANCE
- GROUPE BERNER
- ID PHARMA
- JEAN MULLER INTERNATIONAL
- JOHNSON FILTRATION SYSTEMS
- LABORATOIRES BOIRON
- LG ELECTRONICS
- LIFECORE BIOMEDICAL
- MELITTA FRANCE
- MORY TEAM
- NINTENDO FRANCE
- NORDSON FRANCE
- NOUVELLES FRONTIÈRES
- ORCHESTRA KAZIBAO
- PERRIER VITTEL
- PORSCHE FRANCE
- PUMA FRANCE
- PYRO ALLIANCE
- REPSOL FRANCE
- SAINT GOBAIN
- SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
- THALES GROUP
- THYSSEN GROUP
- VIA FRANCE
Alphatrad forms part of the multinational Optilingua International. With agencies spread all over Europe, interconnected using the latest IT and the deployment of productivity programmes like Trados, Alphatrad is able to deal efficiently with the work volume, time constraints, and quality requirements of multinationals as well as ensuring customer loyalty.
Whether you’re a manufacturer or distributor, exporter or importer, producer or service company, Alphatrad is there to cater for your every need.
SMEs AND SOLE TRADERS
Smaller-scale companies and sole traders can benefit from the fact that Alphatrad has over 35 years’ experience in providing quality jobs for customers of all sizes and lines of business.
The translator selection programme, Alphasearch, allows the most suitable and most competitive translator to be chosen for a specific job. Furthermore, cooperation with certified translators in many countries ensures speedier, more economical certified, official, or legalised translations.
INSTITUTIONS AND ORGANISATIONS
Our international translation company is vastly experienced in the field of public administration, institutions and organisations. It has worked in the administrative sector for embassies, consulates, chambers of commerce, international trade promotion offices, city councils, museums, libraries, and NGOs etc.
In an ever more globalised world, an increasing number of people think about emigrating, working, or studying abroad. The United Kingdom also takes in a large number of immigrants, students, and resident foreigners.
That’s why Alphatrad’s translation services, particularly certified translations, are highly sought after by private customers (students, immigrants, and employees).
Birth certificates, marriage certificates and/or divorces, qualifications and study diplomas, professional CVs, employment contracts, private sale agreements etc. are some examples of the documents most sought after by private customers from the Alphatrad network.