Internet and new technologies have modified communications and forms of consumption.
Businesses and institutions have taken into account this change in consumer behaviour, taking the decision to create web pages, media that serve as pillars for their brands in the network of networks – the Internet. This offers numerous advantages ranging from enhanced brand image to increased sales, strengthening of corporate identity, and increased traffic and daily visits to the website.
However, any user who is thinking of developing a website, with blogs and e-commerce, or simply to communicate specific information, must bear in mind that the site must be readable for the targeted audience and that it is very likely that it will need to be translated.
English, German, French, Chinese, and many other languages – companies and individuals today have their web pages translated into numerous languages to reach the greatest possible number of people. In fact the decision that needs to be taken is not whether or not the website should be translated, but rather in what way this should be done, because converting a website into another language implies adapting it to the specific characteristics of a digital medium.
The same applies in the case of mobile devices. It is a hot topic today, as there is an ever-increasing number of users with access to the Internet through their smartphones or tablets. It is for this reason that the translation of web pages must also adapt to these types of devices and their specific characteristics, and the translation of mobile apps.
What is the difference between a web page and a website?
Sometimes the term web page is incorrectly used to refer to a website. A web page is part of a website and is a unique file with an assigned file number, whereas a website or Internet site is a series of files called web pages.
Websites are programmed through content managers also known as CMS (Content Management Systems), the most common of which are Wordpress, Drupal, Prestashop, Joomla, Woocommerce, Virtuemart, OsCommerce, and Magento.
Our translation agency offers customers the choice between two options for the integration of the contents into the site:
- Standard Option: we deliver a Word file with the translations.
- Full-Service Option: we deal with both the translation of the contents and their integration into the website.
Types of websites translated:
- Corporate sites
- Sites featuring ads
- Sites featuring reviews
- Institutional/government sites
- E-commerce or online catalogue sites
- Conference, fair or event organisation sites
- Personal or informative sites
- Comparative sites
- Online reservation sites
Examples of web page contents:
- Geolocalised data in Google Maps, Bing Places, Google Plus MyBusiness, Yahoo Local, Foursquare, Yelp, etc.
- Newsletters or email campaigns
- Product catalogues or files
- Blog posts
- Landing pages
- Online brochures or PDFs
Do you need to manage your national or international online advertising or marketing campaigns?
Translations of web pages must take into account all the elements that enrich the space, emphasising suitable key words, providing correct translations of the most important elements with regard to SEO positioning, and improving brand visibility in search engines.
All these elements need to be borne in mind when preparing a quality website translation, and for this you need to team up with professionals who facilitate the work and ensure delivery by the deadline fixed between the parties.
Contact our professionals by email where you can request, a free, no obligation quotation.
You’ll be surprised at the speed and professionalism of our service! You can also visit our FAQs Page for more assistance.
- Online Marketing Translations (SEO, AdWords, Social Media)
- Can technology advances in automated translation every replace a human?
- Translating Languages in the Internet Era (Infographic)
- The translation of web pages. A worthwhile service?
- 5 Free Apps for International Business People or Travellers
- Multilingual websites, translate website | Alphatrad London
- Multilingual search engine optimisation – the foundation for international success